Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Miracle on Grass "officially" enters the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown

March 6, 2013. Today will be a pretty proud day for me.

I woke up this morning to find an e-mail message in my inbox from Jim Gates - the Library Director at the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, NY. Last week, I sent off two signed copies of my book Miracle on Grass - one to President Jeff Idelson, who has been a friend of mine ever since we worked the 1997 National League Championship Series together (between the Florida Marlins and the Atlanta Braves). The second copy was meant to be given to the library, and Jim's message confirmed that he had indeed received the book from Jeff. 

Here is the e-mail message from Jim:

Mr. Fanucchi,

Greetings from Cooperstown.

On behalf of everyone at the library of the National Baseball Hall of Fame I would like to thank you for the copy of Miracle on Grass.  We are very pleased to have this book and it will be added to our permanent collection.  It is via such donations that we are able to expand the scope and depth of our archive and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jim G.
----------------------------------------------------------------
James L. Gates Jr., Library Director
National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
25 Main Street
Cooperstown, NY 13326

So, at the end of the day, no matter how many people out there buy the book or read it, I'll always have that to hang my hat on. I hope that if you're reading this blog, you might have an interest in picking up a copy of Miracle on Grass and reading one of the great stories in American baseball history. It is available on www.Amazon.com or on my website at www.davidfanucchi.com. Please follow me on Twitter, as I am covering the first round of the WBC from here in Phoenix this week: @miracleongrass: https://twitter.com/miracleongrass

Here's my promo poster for the book, done by my good friend from high school, Frank Quadro. 


David Fanucchi is the author of “Miracle on Grass” - How Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda led Team USA to a shocking upset over Cuba, capturing the only Olympic gold medal in USA Baseball history. He was the official Team USA Press Officer for both the 2000 USA Baseball Olympic Team and the 2006 USA World Baseball Classic Team. More information about Fanucchi and Miracle on Grass can be found on his website at www.davidfanucchi.com.  You can follow him on Twitter at @miracleongrass.




No comments:

Post a Comment